In this article, you will read 20 Interesting Facts about Amazon Company you Probably didn’t Know
Today Amazon company has become a major platform for every individual to shop online.
Started as an Online book portal, amazon now sold a wide variety of products like Books, Mobile, Women’s Wear, Men’s Wear, Computer & Accessories, Furniture, Musical instruments, etc.
Amazon has increased its platform be it Amazon Alexa, Amazon Appstore, Amazon Music, Amazon Prime, and Amazon Web Series.
Amazon’s company is continuously growing by developing its new products, acquisitions, and the unique services that it provides all over the world.
Since the initial days, Amazon is doing a fabulous job and has been broadened its target market to cover up an enormous customer base from every corner of the world.
As of the report generated in 2019, Amazon company has generated a revenue of over $280.52 billion.
If are looking to know some Interesting Facts about Amazon Company, you have come to the right place.
In this article, I have gathered 20 Interesting Facts about Amazon Company from the initial days it has launched.
So, Are you ready to know interesting Facts about Amazon Company?
Stay with me.
Here are some suggested reads about the facts of the most popular eCommerce companies.
Interesting Facts about Amazon Company you Probably didn’t Know
- Jeff Bezos’ launched amazon as an online book retailer in Bezos’ garage in Bellevue, Washington.
- As of September 2019, over 150.6 Million mobile users accessed the Amazon App.
- In the latest fiscal year i.e. first quarter of 2020, Amazon has made $75.5 Billion in sales revenue.
- There are over 100 Million Amazon Prime members around the world that typically spend over $1,000 a year.
- The Amazon’s Company warehouse have 700 Madison Square gardens that could hold more water than 10,000 Olympic Pools.
- Jeff Bezos’ named Most Popular Amazon Product Kindle “Fiona” after a character in The Diamond Age by Neal Stephenson.
- According to Whois Lookup, on Oct 31, Amazon has registered three new cryptocurrency domains, i.e. “amazonethereum.com,” “amazoncryptocurrency.com” and “amazoncryptocurrencies.com” the three domains linked to Amazon Technologies.
- In 1998, Amazon bought the Internet Movie Database – the largest movie website on the Planet.
- On April 3, 1995, the first book sold on Amazon Portal was The Fluid Concepts and Creative Analogies by Doug Hofstadte.
- In Amazon’s prior days, a bell used to ring every time a purchase was made through the site.
- In the prior days of Amazon, within the first month, Amazon had sold a book in all 50 US states and in 45 unfamiliar countries.
- Top employees of Amazon have found their own successful companies, the list includes Sachin Bansal & Binny Bansal founded Flipkart, Charlie Cheever founded Quora, Jason Kilar founded Hulu and Marc Lore founded Jet.com.
- Amazon Founder Jeff Bezos is a world’s richest man, with a net worth of around $125 Billion.
- In the year 2012, Amazon has purchased Kiva Systems that developed robotics smart machines to retrieve items from the warehouse. Over 45,000 robots roam around Amazon warehouse in search of the next package.
- Amazon’s logo shows a sign of a smile from A to Z to signify that “the company will deliver everything to everyone, anywhere in the world”.
- Amazon licenses its one-click patent to Apple.
- Known for the Fast delivery Amazon company has delivered a product within 23 minutes from the time customer placed an order in Manhattan.
- In 2018, with the launch of two- day delivery service, Amazon Prime, amazon company increased over 100 Million subscribers.
- Jeff named Amazon as “cadabara”, short of magic term “abracadabra”.
- During COVID-19, Jeff Bezos announced to spend $ billion or more on an issue related: personal protective equipment, higher wages for the team, cleaning for facilities, and expanding testing capabilities.
In this article, I have provided you with 20 Interesting Facts about Amazon Company you Probably didn’t Know.
I hope you have enjoyed reading the top amazing facts about the ecommerce giant company Amazon founded by Jeff Bezos.
In case, if I have missed out any of the facts about Amazon company.
Don’t forget to write it down on the comment section.
Also share it with your friends and connections to let them know about the Interesting facts about Ecommerce company Amazon.