Founded by Ingvar Kamprad, in the year 1943, the furniture and accessories giant is the is well known for its global domination.
Here are some of the Interesting Facts that you Didn’t know about IKEA
Interesting Facts that you Didn’t know about IKEA
- As of June 2019, there are over 433 IKEA stores operating in 52 countries.
- As per Forbes magazine, IKEA has become one of the World’s most valuable brands.
- The Founder of IKEA, Ingvar Kamprad , started the company in 1943 i.e when he was 17 years old.
- Initially, IKEA sold small good like pens and wallets.
- The Company name is an acronym of initials that stands for “Ingvar Kamprad from Elmtaryd, Agunnaryd, the name of the farm & village in Sweden where Kamprad grew up.
- The flat-packed furniture was introduced in 1956.
- The average size of an IKEA store is 300,000 Feet.
- From the year Sept 2015 to Aug 2016, the website contain about 12,000 products and there were over 2.1 billion visitors to IKEA’s website.
- The first store was opened in Norway (1963) and Denmark (1969).
- On Sep. 2017, IKEA announced the augmented reality app, following by Apple’s release of ARkit technology and iOS 11.
- In September 2019, IKEA announced that they would be investing $2.8 billion in renewable energy infrastructure.
- The company revenue is US $45.4 Billion.
- You can visit the IKEA Museum in Almhult, Sweden.
- IKEA products are named as creator was dyslexic.
I hope you have found it interesting to know the amazing facts about the IKEA.
In case, if I have missed any of the facts, don’t forget to comment on the box below.