Once again I am back with another article on the Interesting facts about the eCommerce companies.
In this article, I will dig up into some interesting facts about PayPal that might surprise you for a while.
As technology is developing day by day, it has also changed the way we pay for our services in our daily life.
Now, we often pay online rather than to opt for paying cash to the shopkeeper, using debit & credit card.
So, In this article, I will talk about the most used payment gateway Paypal which was initially started by Max Levchin, Peter Thiel, and Luke Nosek in Dec 1998.
Note: This article is from a series of interesting facts about eCommerce companies.
It allows people to make financial transactions online between individuals and businesses, as with the help of Paypal you can easily send or receive payments.
20 Interesting Facts about PayPal
- As of May 2020, the net worth of Paypal is over $45 Billion.
- In the second quarter of 2020, there are over 346 million active PayPal accounts worldwide, representing 21% of growth.
- In the year 2000, PayPal merged with Elon Musk’s company i.e. X.com an online banking company.
- In 2007, the founder’s launched Paypal initial logo, which later revised in the year 2014.
- PayPal is available in 100 currencies.
- Various retail and institutional investors own PayPal stock.
- Till Now, PayPal has won 5 awards from 2018 to 2019.
- In the year 2014, PayPal achieved the Zinnov Awards under the category ‘High Impact Global Roles.’
- Max Levchin, Peter Thiel, and Luke Nosek established PayPal as Confinity in 1998.
- PayPal’s electronic payments system launched in 1999.
- PayPal IPO is acquired by eBay on Oct 3,2002 valued at $1.5 billion.
- There are over 22 million active PayPal merchant accounts.
- The most recent and largest PayPal acquisition was on Jan 6, 2020, where PayPal acquired Honey for over $4 Billion.
- In September 2015, PayPal launched its peer-to-peer payment platform “PayPal.Me”, a service that allows users to send a custom link to request funds via text, email, or another messaging platform.
- There are over 19 Million daily visits to PayPal.com.
- There are approx 305 Million active accounts on PayPal.
- PayPal One Touch has approx 70 Million registered users.
- If PayPal was a bank, it would 21st-largest bank in the U.S.
- PayPal has the largest global engineering team in India, mainly in Bengaluru, Chennai, and Hyderabad.
- They initially started the PayPal with 6 members.
- There are over 18,000 Employees Worldwide.
So, these were some amazing facts about the PayPal.
I hope you have enjoyed the article if I have missed out on any of the interesting facts about PayPal, so comments in the box below. Also, share it with your connections and friends.