In this article, I will share some interesting facts about the Zara – most popular eCommerce brand in the fast fashion industry.
Founded by Amancio Ortega in 1975, Zara is among the most popular brand in the world.
It’s been 45 years since Ortega launched Zara, the company now specializes in fast fashion and includes products to sell like clothing, accessories, shoes, swimwear, beauty, etc.
We well know the company for its elite style at amazing prices, as Zara always keeps its customers coming back for years, and still, people just can’t seem to get enough of their most favorite brand.
To make you more close to your favorite brand, I had dug into some interesting facts about the Zara that you probably Didn’t Know before.
So are you excited to know the secrets of the fast- fashion company?
But before I share you with the facts about Zara.
Don’t miss the chance to read the facts about other leading eCommerce companies that I have gathered for you.
Interesting Facts you Probably Didn’t Know about Zara
- Inditex is the parent company of Zara with some other famous clothing brands like Pull & Bear, Massimo Dutti, Stradivarius, Oysho and Bershka.
- There are approx 3,000 Stores of Zara in 96 Countries.
- The biggest market of Zara is in its Home Spain with 547 Stores which includes Zara Kids and Zara home followed by China, France, Russia, and Italy.
- In 1975, almost 45 years ago, Ortega launched the first Zara Store in central A Coruña, Galicia, Spain.
- Almost 50% of Zara’s products have manufactured in its Home Spain.
- The founder of the company initially named the Zara as Zorba after the classic film Zorba the Greek.
- Zara’s warehouse is 5 Million Square feet.
- It can create & distribute 12,000 new designs in just 1-2 weeks.
- Kate Middleton, the member of the royal family, also wears Zara.
- The Company roughly makes over 450 Million items per year.
- Zara work with approx 1,801 suppliers and 7,799 factories worldwide.
- Last Year Zara has invested €49.2 Million in Social Programmes Worldwide.
- In 2015, Interbrand ranked Zara at 30 Position in best global brands,
- Zara launched its online boutique website in September 2010 in Spain, the UK, Italy, Germany, but in India, they launched it in 2017.
- The Company itself handles every element like designing, sowing, distribution, and retailing.
- Zara doesn’t invest in advertising rather than it promotes its brand by opening new shops near leading brands.
- Zara philosophy is “No Marketing”, “No communication”
- The parent company of Zara pledged to eliminate the use of plastic from all its stores by 2023.
- Zara introduced the use of RFID technology in its store in 2014, allowing the company to take an inventory by detecting radio signals.
- It becomes the biggest retailer in the world to raise awareness for the Detox Campaign.
So these were some interesting facts about your favourite brand, Zara.
I hope you have liked the article. In case, if I have missed out any of the fact, do comment in the box below.
Also like and share with your friends and connections.