If you are into about to start an eCommerce business, you must have heard about the most popular eCommerce solution Shopify.
The Shopify platform is amazing as it makes easy for retailers to set up with an online store quickly and conveniently provide its services to hundreds of thousands of businesses worldwide.
As an eCommerce industry is exploding and aims to keep growing.
The businesses are moving to a digital selling approach rather than brick-and-mortar stores.
So providing the flexibility and convenience to online business, the Shopify plays a vital role.
To make you aware of the fact that how big has Shopify become?
I have gathered some interesting facts about the eCommerce solution provider Shopify.
Note : This article is a series of Ecommerce Companies Facts
Let’s began with some Interesting Facts about Shopify.
Interesting Facts about Shopify
- As of June 2019, there are over 1,000,000 businesses running in approx 175 countries using the Shopify platform.
- Shopify raised $131 Million in its IPO.
- The Ecommerce solution was originally imagined as a Snowboard Store.
- There are over 2,400 apps in the Store, the most popular ones are Privy, SEO Image Optimizer, Free shipping bar.
- Merchants have spent over $100 Million on Shopify apps.
- In 2010, Ottawa Business Journal named Shopify as Ottawa’s Fastest Growing Company.
- Shopify launched its Studios, a full-service television, and film content, and production house.
- Shopify integrated with Snapchat to allow Shopify merchants to buy and manage Snapchat Story ads directly on the Shopify Platform.
- On May 20, 2020, Shopify announced to launch Shopify Balance, a new form of business bank account that allows business owners to manage their finances.
- Shopify has paid over $850,000 to ethical hackers.
- There are approx $1.5 Billion in sales over a single weekend.
- Over 100 free and paid Shopify themes are available for online sellers.
- Shopify Major brand customers include Nestle, Pepsi, Unilever, The Economist, Penguin Books, Tesla Motors, etc.
- Shopify has over 319 Million average monthly unique visitors.
- There are over 7 Million Shopify App Store downloads.
- Globally Shopify has contributed over $183 Billion in economic activity.
- Shopify took approx 31% of the e-commerce platform market.
- After Amazon and eBay, Shopify is the third-largest online retailer.
- Shopify opened its first brick and mortar storefront in Los Angeles in October 2018.
- In 2019, 300 Million consumers bought from Shopify merchants.
In this article, I have told you some interesting facts about Shopify.
I hope you have liked the article. In case, if I have missed any of the facts, do comments on the below so I can include it in my list.
Also, share with your friends and connections.